Tom Console, C'19 - Sprint Football
1. Name: Tom Console
2. Class Year: 2019
3. Sport: Sprint Football
4. Position: Strong Safety
5. Why did you choose Penn?
I chose Penn because it is an excellent school and allowed me the opportunity to further my athletic career.
6. What does the experience of being a Penn Sprint Football student-athlete mean to you?
It means that not only can I continue to play the game that I love, but that I also am able to grow as a person and as a leader. This program has also introduced me to some lifelong friends.
7. What would you say to the donors who invest in your experience as a Sprint Football student-athlete?
Thank you very much, your help and donations are what keep our program going year in and year out. Our alumni are especially dedicated to this program from their assistance with the mentoring program to lacing it up every year for our alumni game. None of this would be possible without them.
8. What has been your favorite moment/memory with Penn Sprint Football?
My favorite memory by far was winning the CSFL championship in 2016. The entire season was filled with memorable experiences and games, from beating Navy in overtime to our comeback win over Cornell to seal the championship, it was a remarkable season that I will never forget!
9. What does life after Penn look like?
I am currently enrolled in the ROTC program so following graduation I will be serving my country in the Army. I also hope to attend Veterinary School.
10. What are some lessons that you have learned through athletics at Penn that will stay with you after graduation?
As the captain of the Sprint Football I have learned how to communicate with people of all different backgrounds effectively along with how to be an effective and respected leader to all of my peers.