Name: Tahirih Mikalia Nesmith
Graduation Year: 2017
Sport: Women’s Soccer
Position: Outside Back (Defender)
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
Forming bonds with teammates, coaching staffs, and the entire Penn community that will last you a lifetime. Learning to accept challenges on and off the field and beat all of the odds. Creating memories that will teach you life lessons and stay with you throughout your life journey.
- High school?
- College and Major?
School of Arts and Sciences; Health and Societies with a minor in Health Care Management
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Scoring my first collegiate goal in our opening games during the fall season of 2013
- Favorite Class to date?
History of the American South
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
I would like to go into hospital administration or management at a medical university, however I am keeping an open mind and am excited to see what opportunities I have once I graduate from Penn. I hope to live in a city but preferably somewhere warmer, these cold winters have been brutal for me as a southern girl. I feel however that I will be happy anywhere I end up and will find a place that I can call home.
- Ultimate career goal
To love what I do and make my mark where I am. I hope to give back to the community in some way through my work, encourage diversity and change, and maintain humility throughout the entire process.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
Several hip hop and rap remixes, drake, partynextdoor, tinashe, the weekend, and sia
- What’s on your DVR?
Scandal, How to get away with Murder, Revenge, and the Real Housewives
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
Sabrina’s for brunch