Name: Kelsey Hay
Graduation Year: 2016
Sport: Track and Field
Position: Javelin Thrower
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
Being a student-athlete at Penn is an honor and a privilege. I am proud to represent this university by wearing Penn’s blue and red stripes during competition and to represent the track and field team by wearing my gear to class. Knowing that I am getting the most out of both my educational experience and my athletic experience here at Penn is incredibly rewarding, and something I don’t take for granted in the slightest. I have the best of both worlds here, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- High school?
Palmerton Area High School
- College and Major?
College of Arts and Sciences, Biology Major
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Breaking the Ivy Record in the javelin on my first throw of Outdoor Heps
- Favorite Class to date?
BIBB-109 (Biological Basis of Behavior) with Professor Muzzio
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
After grad school, I’d love to be a Physician’s Assistant living on the east coast, surrounded by family.
- Ultimate career goal?
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
Tie between Bridge Café and Frontera. There’s nothing better than a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich in the morning and a Chipotle Chicken Torta at night. Love my meal plan!
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
Allegro’s is my second kitchen, so absolutely Allegro’s!
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
Currently playing the Summer Hits of the 2000’s station on Pandora
- What’s on your DVR?
Grey’s Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder, Nashville, The Voice
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
The Rocky Steps (Philadelphia Museum of Art) and Franklin Fountain in Old City