Name: Alexandra Caldwell
Graduation Year: 2016
Position: Setter/Right Side
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
To me, being a student-athlete at Penn is an honor. Not only do we get to attend one of the best universities in the world, but we also get to represent our school name through athletics. Although challenging at times, everything we learn both in the gym and the classroom are baby steps towards our future. Time management, a positive work ethic, sportsmanship, dedication and discipline are some of the few things that we will be able to apply to the real world that we have learned by being a student-athlete.
Los Gatos, CA
- High school?
Archbishop Mitty High School
- College and Major?
School of Arts & Sciences; Health & Societies concentrating in Health Policy and Law
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
When we beat Princeton in 3 sets at home my sophomore year!
- Favorite Class to date?
Intro to Acting! I’ve always wanted to take an acting class but never thought I could fit it into my schedule. I am so happy I finally got to take it.
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
When I think of life after Penn, I think of going back home to California. Although, wherever I find my dream job will be the primary decision of where I end up going. What makes me happy is helping other people. I am very interested in working for a non-profit organization, most likely pertaining to health and nutrition.
- Ultimate career goal?
My ultimate career goal is to gain experience working for a non-profit organization that deals with the health and wellness of those in need. I then want to use that experience to start my own non-profit organization.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
Chris Browns new album: “X” and a team favorite— Keys n Krates: Dum Dee Dum
- What’s on your DVR?
Scandal and How to get away with murder!
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
The Love Statute on Locust Walk