Name: Alexis Genske
Graduation Year: 2016
Position: Outside Hitter
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
I consider myself extremely lucky to have teammates around me who support me one-hundred percent on and off the court. My closest friends are the other volleyball girls in my grade, because they understand the reasons why I love my sport and why I chose to come to Penn.
- High school?
- College and Major?
College of Arts and Sciences- Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE) major
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Beating Harvard in their home gym my sophomore (2013) season.
- Favorite Class to date?
The Public Policy Process
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
Ideally I would like to move back to California and work there, possibly as a lawyer or policy analyst .
- Ultimate career goal?
Not sure yet, probably graduating law school or running for a public office.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
Brysi Café – I’m addicted to their PB Banana smoothie
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
Hip City Veg
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
Women’s soccer games
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
Bon Iver for studying, Bastille for walking to class
- What’s on your DVR?
I’m currently watching Orange Is the New Black, Nashville, and How to Get Away With Murder. I’m also pretty into Game of Thrones.
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
Redding Terminal Market!