Name: Mitch Holtz
Graduation Year: 2016
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
It’s an honor to represent the University of Pennsylvania when I step onto the diamond. But beyond that the baseball team has been the greatest community I have here on campus, competing with guys from around the country, committing so much time in pursuit of winning the Ivy League, has brought about many tight knit friendships that I’ll cherish forever.
- High school?
Aurora Christian H.S.
- College and Major?
Wharton: Finance and Decision Processes
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Starting the Ivy League season 11-1 last year after such a rough start. It was fun watching the team turn things around.
- Favorite Class to date?
OPIM 290: Decision Processes
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
Ideally, I’d like to go back home to Chicago and get a job in private wealth management. Chicago is home for me and it’s such a great place to live when you’re young. I think I’d really enjoy working in finance, especially the personal side that private wealth provides.
- Ultimate career goal?
I think being able to have my own financial services practice would be something that would excite me. But, I have a lot of interests and wouldn’t be surprised to see myself do a few different things throughout my career.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
I love the food carts. Chinese food to sandwiches to burritos I love them all!
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
Marathon Grill in downtown Philly
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
Penn basketball vs. Drexel
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
Anything from Frank Sinatra to Fall Out Boy to Drake or Jack Johnson I listen to it all.
- What’s on your DVR?
I’m more of a Netflix guy, but I like Family Guy, White Collar, and How I Met Your Mother.
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
shopping down in Center City