Name: Lely DeSimone
Graduation Year: 2016
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
Being a Penn student-athlete has been an unbelievable experience for me so far. I am part of a wonderful community and Penn lacrosse family that has given me some cherished memories that I know I will never forget. Overall, being a Quaker has helped me define who I am as an athlete as well as who I am as a person.
Suffern, New York
- High school?
Suffern High School
- College and Major?
College of Arts and Sciences, Communications Major
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Beating Harvard in Sudden Death, to go on and beat Princeton in the Ivy League Championship.
- Favorite Class to date?
A communications class called children and media, where you learn about the effects that media has on kids in different stages of their childhood.
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
My ideal life after Penn is working for a Public Relations firm, or working in advertising, hopefully in New York City!
- Ultimate career goal?
I don’t really have an ultimate career goal, but for now it’s just to be happy in whatever career I choose.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
Tortas Frontera! It has great food and I am always there with my teammates.
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
Probably The White dog, the brunches there are never a disappointment.
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
Basketball games with a good crowd can be a lot of fun, especially in the Palestra where the crowd can get pretty loud.
- iPhone or Android?
The Iphone, definitely.
- What’s currently on your iPod?
A lot of different music, but the song that I am always playing is Eric Church’s “Springsteen”.
- What’s on your DVR?
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
People always seem to want to see Franklin Field and Penn Park. They are sometimes surprised about how nice our facilities are at Penn and it makes me realize how lucky we are to have these as athletes.