Name: Dane Walton
Graduation Year: 2017
1. What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
I could not imagine going through my 4 years here any other way. Golf acts as a sort of
escape from the city and rigorous school work without which I think I would go insane.
Thousand Oaks, CA
3. High school?
Thousand Oaks High School
4. College and Major?
Engineering and Applied Science (Computer Engineering)
5. Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Each and every van ride with the team (almost more fun than the actual competitions).
6. Favorite Class to date?
ESE215 with Professor Thomas Farmer. Its a circuits and electrical systems class and
might seem somewhat monotonous but he does a great job to make it very interesting.
That and his passion for what he teaches is very contagious.
7. What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
I enjoy keeping things simple and not worrying over the small things; life is too short for
that. If I can just live in Southern California for the rest of my life, everything after that
would be a bonus. I love to surf more than anything else on earth and having that alone
would help get me through every problem or stress in my life. (Yes, this is very
stereotypical of a Southern California blonde haired guy, but I stand by it).
"Surfing is the most blissful experience you can have on this planet, a taste of
heaven" -John McCarthy
8. Ultimate career goal?
Find a job I can look forward to when I wake up.
9. Favorite place to eat on campus?
10. Favorite place to eat off campus?
Honest Tom’s Taco Shop
11. Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
12. iPhone or Android?
13. What’s currently on your iPod?
Beach Boys, some EDM, and lots of remixes of anything and everything
14. What’s on your DVR?
Cosmos and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
15. What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
Jim’s Steaks (I love food)