Name: Darien Nelson-Henry
Graduation Year: 2016
Sport: Men’s basketball
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
It is a privilege to be a student at Penn, and humbling to be an athlete. It feels great to have all of the hard work pay off.
- High school?
Lake Washington High School, home of the fighting purple Kangaroos.
- College and Major?
Arts and Sciences, and sociology.
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Watching the girls win the Ivy title, Penn Relays, every chance to compete for my university.
- Favorite Class to date?
My favorite class so far has been social stratification.
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
Hoping to play professionally for as long as possible, go back to school, then live on the Best (west) Coast for the rest of my days with a solid job and lovely family.
- Ultimate career goal?
Athletic career? Win an Ivy title. Work? Make as much money as possible while working to improve others quality of life.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
I’m in chipotle at least 3 times a week.
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
I love breakfast. Renada café right above 43rd is real good.
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
- iPhone or Android?
Recent member of team iPhone
- What’s currently on your iPod?
- What’s on your DVR?
I still haven’t seen Inception…
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
I’ll take them to South Street usually. Everyone can find something they like there.