Name: Brooklyn Juday
Graduation Year: 2016
Sport: Women’s Basketball
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
Being a Penn student athlete means hard work and dedication, multiple new opportunities, and having a built in family at Penn. Being a student athlete takes hour upon hours of dedication. We take full course loads as well as spending anywhere from 10-30 hours a week playing our sport. We have to stay very organized and have good time management, and we can’t just take days off because we don’t feel like doing something. That kind of dedication leads to so many new opportunities. These new opportunities come in the form of getting to play in the NCAA tournament, getting to travel to Italy with my team, and getting to meet CEO’s, vice president, and managers of fortune 500 companies. Being a student athlete means having 15 other people who know what you go through day in and day out, and that leads to great relationships both on and off the floor. It means having 15 people there to support you when you are having a bad day, a rough week, or any other issue.
- High school?
Tipton High School
- College and Major?
Finance and Marketing
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Winning the Ivy League last year
- Favorite Class to date?
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
After Penn I really don’t have a preference for where I will live, but I plan on going where I can find the best job opportunities. As of now, I am planning on going into either Investment management or sales and trading. Having a family and being able to be active outdoors will most likely be my two main sources of happiness.
- Ultimate career goal?
I am really unsure as of now, as I do not know yet what general path I want to take for my career.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
- What’s on your DVR?
I don’t have a DVR
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
Reading Terminal Market