Name: Meg Markham
Graduation Year: 2015
Sport: Women’s Lacrosse
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
I am extremely proud to be a student-athlete at Penn. Granted the experience hasn’t been a walk in the park; however, it has transformed me into a stronger, brighter and overall better person. Everyday, I am surrounded by brilliant and inspiring people and I have learned to appreciate every moment spent on our beautiful campus. Most importantly, my team has been a family away from home and being a part of something greater than myself has been incredible.
- High school?
Manhasset High School
- College and Major?
Annenberg School, Communications & Commerce
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Beating Princeton and coincidentally winning the Ivy Tournament last year after losing to them in regular season. Our whole team really believed in one another and revenge was sweet.
- Favorite Class to date?
Paul Messaris’ class called visual communications
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
I am from Long Island so I would really like to work close to home/my family, which leaves me with NYC or Philly as ideal places. I would like to get a job that challenges me while being very rewarding. I’ve though about sales and trading because I would like to transfer the feeling I get while playing lacrosse to my career.
- Ultimate career goal?
I want to be good at something I love and make a lot of money to be able to give back to Penn and the athletic programs for my amazing experience and also charities I feel deeply about.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
Nobody to Love by Alex Newell
- What’s on your DVR?
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
Bobby’s Burgers, always