Name: Amanda Chin
Graduation Year: 2015
Position: Team Captain
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
It means having the best of both worlds! I wear the red and blue with pride knowing that I get to do what I love on the golf course AND get a great education at the same time.
- High school?
Hurlstone Agricultural High School (Sydney, Australia)
- College and Major?
Wharton – Finance and BEPP (Business Economics and Public Policy)
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
When we took both the team and individual title at Georgetown!
- Favorite Class to date?
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
As a senior, it’s a bittersweet feeling thinking about life after Penn. There’s so much I will miss, but also so much to look forward to. Ultimately, I hope to be in a big city, working for a few years before possibly going back to Graduate School.
- Ultimate career goal?
I want to make a difference and impact lives. I hope to eventually end up working within international development whether it be in the social entrepreneurship scene or in policy.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
Han Dynasty! And all the food trucks!
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
Too many choices… I’m a big foodie and Philly has such a great food scene! But Zahav, Parc and Barbuzzo would be my top picks.
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
I like them all!
- iPhone or Android?
Android! (Though I may be converting to an iPhone soon)
- What’s currently on your iPod?
I go through phases with music, so right now it’s lot of Sam Smith, Coldplay and Sara Bareilles.
- What’s on your DVR?
Scandal, Game of Thrones, Suits
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
Magic Gardens in South Philly, and Franklin Fountain in Old City.