Name: Austin Powell
Graduation Year: 2015
Sport: Men’s Golf
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
The ability to represent the university and the traditions and history of the athletic program. Also, I enjoy the opportunity to improve the history and competitiveness of the university.
- High school?
Cardinal Newman High School
- College and Major?
College of Arts and Sciences, American History
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Winning 2012 Ivy League Championship in a 3-hole playoff
- Favorite Class to date?
History of the South post-Civil War
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
I have two possible career paths. The first one involves turning professional and attempting to play on the PGA Tour. The second is a marketing job within the sports industry.
- Ultimate career goal?
Become a PGA Tour winner.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
Class of 1920 Commons
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
Classic Rock and Taylor Swift, a mix of AC/DC and Taylor Swift help get me in the rhythm to play well on the golf course.
- What’s on your DVR?
Fehrety, love the interviews he does and provides insight to golf.
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
South Street, a perfect mix of good Philadelphia food, scenery and entertainment.