Name: Sarah Parmacek
Graduation Year: 2015
Position: Women’s Foil
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
Having the opportunity to excel at the highest level both academically and athletically, and on a personal level being able to work toward the legacy my grandfather set during his time on Penn’s fencing team.
Chicago, IL/Bryn Mawr, PA
- High school?
- College and Major?
Huntsman Program – joint degree College of Arts and Sciences/Wharton School, majoring in International Studies and Spanish, and concentrating in Finance and OPIM
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Walking into NCAA Championships my freshman year was an amazing feeling
- Favorite Class to date?
Negotiations with Mori Taheripour (OPIM 291)—she taught us about life.
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
For at least the next 3 years I’ll be working for Bain & Company (a consulting firm) in New York, which is a dream come true. After that, hopefully I’ll have opportunities to live and work abroad doing something I love—not sure yet what form that will take. I’d like to keep fencing as well.
- Ultimate career goal?
Probably to run my own company one day
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
The Penn-Princeton basketball game (especially when we win)
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
A lot! But most frequently The Decemberists, Passenger, The Avett Brothers, Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend, Ellie Goulding…and Taylor Swift
- What’s on your DVR?
Just finished Orange is the New Black; now I’m watching Under the Dome
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
Reading Terminal Market