Name: Katy Allen
Graduation Year: 2015
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
The opportunity to represent Penn on the court and be able to be challenged in the classroom is an invaluable experience. A few years ago I would have never imagined that I would have the opportunity to pursue a major in actuarial science and still be able to play basketball. I really value the chance to be a part of the whole Penn student-athlete community and could not imagine my experience without it.
- High school?
- College and Major?
Wharton, concentrating in Actuarial Science and Finance
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
Winning the Ivy League and going to the NCAA tournament
- Favorite Class to date?
BEPP 250- Managerial Economics
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
Next year I’ll be living in Philadelphia working at Cigna in their Actuarial development program. I could see myself living here for quite a while, but eventually may want to get back to the Midwest.
- Ultimate career goal?
Get my FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) and be a director of a specific product or a chief actuary.
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
A lot of Taylor Swift and Timeflies
- What’s on your DVR?
Don’t have a DVR
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?