Name: Ria Vaidya
Graduation Year: 2018
Sport: W Tennis
- What does the experience of being a Penn student-athlete mean to you?
Being a Penn student athlete to me means the ability to acquire life-skills that a few others before me have acquired. This is because being a part of such a prestigious academic institution and then being able to represent it while playing the sport I love are not only accomplishments to be proud of, but life skills to take into account in the future.
- High school?
- College and Major?
Communications or Political Science in the College of Arts & Sciences
- Favorite Penn Sports moment to date?
I don't have a specific one, however my favorite team win was against Richmond a few weeks ago
- Favorite Class to date?
History of Modern India
- What does life after Penn look like (i.e.- ideal job, where you live, what will make you happy)?
I think I would love to live in New York or in Barcelona and while I'm not sure what my ideal job would be, I just want it to be something that I love doing
- Ultimate career goal?
While I don't know what I want to do exactly, I definitely think I want to end up in either entertainment relations or political communications
- Favorite place to eat on campus?
Greek Lady and Metropolitan Bakery
- Favorite place to eat off campus?
Barbuzzo and Zavino's
- Favorite Penn sporting event to attend (other than your own sport)?
- iPhone or Android?
- What’s currently on your iPod?
A lot of house music and a recent influx of French songs that I don't understand
- What’s on your DVR?
I don't have a DVR, I watch everything on my laptop
- What’s the one place in Philly you take all those who visit you?
Barbuzzo restaurant downtown