Zareh Kaloustian, C'19 - Men's Golf
1. Name: Zareh "Z" Kaloustian
2. Class Year: 2019
3. Sport: Men's Golf
4. Why did you choose Penn?
For the academics, for the culture, and for the people. Penn has a reputable and challenging academic program that I knew would allow me to challenge myself to learn the most I possibly can through college. Penn has developed a culture of excellence since 1740. There’s something different about the brick and mortar, and knowing that many have excelled at the institution before. Most importantly, I chose Penn because it attracts all kinds of incredibly interesting and talented young people. It has been fun and exciting to go to school in Penn’s environment.
5. What does the experience of being a Penn Golf student-athlete mean to you?
It’s incredibly important to me. It’s one of the things that I’ve been most passionate about, and has been the program that introduced me to my closest friends.
6. What would you say to the donors who invest in your experience as a Penn Golf student-athlete?
I would say that we’re incredibly thankful of everything that they give to the program and that we put it to good use. The experiences I’ve had on the team are invaluable. They’ve been a huge part of my Penn experience.
7. What has been your favorite moment/memory with Penn Golf?
The entire Ivy League Championship experience at Stanwich was phenomenal. The club treated us incredibly, we had the opportunity to meet our alumni and being in contention on Sunday with the support of my team was unlike any other.
8. What does life after Penn look like?
I hope to be doing equity research in New York.
9. What are some lessons that you have learned through athletics at Penn that will stay with you after graduation?
Golf has really played a large role in the person that I am today. Golf at Penn has taught me how to organize my time, how to adapt in the moment, how to learn quickly, how to carry myself, and that hard work pays off.